We have an opening for a Chief Finance Officer in one of our subsidiary companies.
Please see details below to apply:
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
Financial and Operational Management
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and financial reporting systems, ensuring month-end procedures are adequately performed by finance team, ensuring compliance with IFRS requirements, regulatory requirements, and company budget requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards on finance issues and coordinate all financial control activities.
- Partner with the head of information technology (IT) to procure specialized finance IT systems that meet the needs of the organization.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs. Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximize return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery. Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Manage and track the company’s financial performance and make recommendations adequately and timely to the MD and Board.
- Accomplish finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develop finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy
- Develop organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Accomplish finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Mentor and develop a direct team of three to four, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Managing Profitability
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Management
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Forecasting, Corporate Finance
- Developing Budgets
- Financial Skills
- Dealing with Complexity
A minimum of a BSc. and or an MBA + ACA/ACCA (or any other professional accountancy qualification is mandatory).
The CFO will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 12-15 years of broad finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership.
She/he will have experience managing the finance function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) within a diverse, division-based entity.
ALL CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THEIR CV’S AND COVER LETTERS TO email@example.com WITH THE POSITION CLEARLY STATED AS THE SUBJECT OR THE MAIL WOULD BE DISREGARDED
DEADLINE IS 1 WEEK FROM DATE OF ADVERTISEMENT